rooster

Monday 11 June 2012

New Recipe

I made this the other night and it was so good.  As long as you like the sweetness.

CRANBERRY RICE WITH CARMELIZED ONIONS

2 1/2c      chicken broth
1/2c         uncooked wild rice
1/2c         uncooked brown rice(or white)
3med       onions cut in wedges
2tsp         brown sugar
3tbsp       butter
1c            dried cranberries
1/2tsp      grated orange peel(I didn't have an orange so I left this out but I bet it's delicious with it)

In large saucepan bring broth to a boil.  Add the wild rice.  Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10mins.  Add the brown rice, cover and simmer for4 45-50mins or rice is cooked.
In skillet melt butter and add onions, sprinkle sugar on top and let the onions carmelize slowly.  when they're done add to rice along with cranberries and orange peel.



Hope you like this too.  I made it with pork chops and honey glazed carrots.  Yumm!

No comments:

Post a Comment