rooster

Tuesday 25 October 2011

Exciting Day

On Sunday the 19th of October I had a busy day.  First I ran into Windsor with Shelley looked at an apartment, which she loved so I think she's taking it.  Then we ran back to the Ardoise community hall because they were having a dime auction(which I've never been to), but shawn wanted me to go and support it.  And surprisingly enough it was really fun.  They had over 200 donated items(I donated preserves) set up on tables and in front of each one is an ice cream container.  When you first walk in you buy an envelope for $1, as many as you want. The enevelope has an number on it and 10 pieces of paper inside with the same number.  So you walk around and put as many tickets in the container of the item you want to put a bid on as you want. Then at the end of it they go up and down the rows and draw an number out.  If it's yours you win.  This is what I won.
Sorry, I took the picture as I was leaving for work.  It's awful dark out isn't it!!!!
After that I ran over to south Rawdon rd and picked up 4 more laying hens from someone that wanted to get rid of them.  They're 3 years old so they're not great layers but they'll do for now until my young ones start laying. And they're my first brown speckled eggs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment